Sunday, December 14, 2008

What snow does to Portland...

As I'm getting ready for church this morning, we get a call that it has been cancelled due to the weather. Weather! Seriously! There's maybe an inch of snow on the ground! Well, obviously Portlanders are afraid of the white stuff, very afraid. The whole city shuts down... ridiculous! You're talking to a woman who lived up at Sundance, a ski resort! Oh well. It's a good excuse to hunker down, get a fire going, a nice warm breakfast, read my LDSLiving magazine, listen to some Christmas music. Wait a minute, what's this, Keith organizing the kitchen junk drawer! My mind goes into "come up with something for Keith to do" mode, or he's going to drive me crazy organizing the whole house. Maybe a few organizing projects aren't so bad... hmmm...

It's been a good day. Truthfully, we hardly ever get to be home together for a full day. I love my guys! They are everything to me!

5 comments:

Karrie and Don Cocroft said...

AHH snow gotta love it. okay I am over it and ready for spring to be here NOW. We love you all very much.

Cassie said...

This is to funny...I wish we could have a Sunday off! Sounds great. The picture look good. Be careful you might become addicted to blogging.

auntandy said...

That is classic. I wonder how much snow Phoenix would have to get to cancel church

michelle said...

How funny...We just got another 4 inches or so with a promise of 2-12 inches more. I can't imagine what they would do with that sort of snow. I love those days, though...remember Sundance when we didn't have to go far. It was great to just hang out and become one with the sofa!!! Hope you enjoyed it!

Love ya tons!

Heather said...

Heather! Thanks for sending me your blog address. Ours is bigtonyandheather.blogspot.com I've wanted to find a way to connect again! This is great! Hope your are well and snuggly in the cold and snow!